Thursday, July 31, 2008

What makes a Good Lecturer?..How to be a Good lecturer..Let's see

I have no clss today..thursday is my free time..but free in terms of "no lepak-lepak"...meaning..i have to finish my pending task..there are some quizes that i need to set up the questions together with the answer scheme..but then..i still wasting my time by surfing..hahaha...erm actually since im an educator rite now..im looking for a best guide on how to be a good lecturer..i need to improve my skills eventhough i already have my 'ikhtisas'..but still some lack that should be fullfill..so i start surfing while chating with en afandi (the one that inspire me to start research n not juz become an ordinary lecturer)..and what i found from http://educationmalaysia.blogspot.com are:

"To be a good lecturer, I believe in a few basic qualities:
1 Ability to communicate
2 Sincere desire to teach
3 Empathy with the students
4 Love for the knowledge and teaching
5 Happy to see students acquring knowledge
6 Believe in making the students think and become important individual seeking truth in knowledge
7 Always being a good example for students to emulate in or out of lecture halls
8 Have the ability to joke and make students laugh
9 Occasionally let your hair down and join the students in their groups
10 Give experience, field knowledge to enhance the subject

"a good lecturer is one who enables one's students to understand a particular difficult concept in the simplest way and the shortest possible time. Period. Whatever method, (either "critical thinking" or "spoon-feeding") he/she uses is immaterial.."

"My opinion is that a good lecturer is one who equips me for my next career step. So if critical thinking is absolutely necessary for me to do a good job and open up my avenues (most of my classmates end up in completely different fields from their courses of study) then I expect the lecturer to adopt this competency in the course of the university education.."

There are so many comments bout this topic..but i manage to put some of it..if u are interested to know more..juz go to the website above..hurm..wut i can say..being a lecturer or teacher..both should have an intention or full hearted to be an educator since students nowadays are seems to0 challenging.. most importang..keep learning

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmm.. have a lot of grammar mistakes.anyway its a good entry.